Cargo can be carried, subject to load, in the hold of Loganair’s aircraft on the scheduled network. Cargo may be pre-booked on Loganair’s scheduled network, and every effort will be made to ensure that your freight is carried on the first available flight. As such, perishable goods should not be presented to Loganair, unless by prior arrangement.
All freight consignments should be presented to Loganair’s handling agent at the airport of departure, and collected from the handling agent at the airport of arrival. Freight can be accepted for onward transportation onto another carrier. In general the following commodities are not accepted without advance arrangements:
- Valuable cargo
- Freight of unusual shape and size
- Live animals
- Human remains
- Freight requiring special care or attention in transit
- Dangerous goods
Cargo Handling Facility
|Tel: +44(0)1224 775502|
Isle of Barra
|Tel: +44(0)1871 890283|
|Tel: +44(0)1870 602310|
|Tel: +44(0)1586 552571|
|Edinburgh||Worldwide Flight Services||Edinburgh Airport
|Tel: +44(0)131 339 7534|
|Glasgow||Worldwide Flight Services||Cargocentre
|Tel: +44(0)141 842 8123|
|Tel: +44(0)16674 62020
Tel: +44(0)16674 62121
|Tel: +44(0)1496 302022|
|Tel: +44(0)1856 873611|
|Kirkwall (Internal)||Loganair||Kirkwall Airport
|Tel: +44(0)1856 872494|
Isle of Lewis
|Tel: +44(0)1851 703673|
|Tel: +44(0)1950 460970|
Isle of Tiree
|Tel: +44(0)1879 220309|
|Tel: +44(0)1955 602294|
Cargo cannot be carried to/from Dundee, Birmingham, Belfast City or Bergen.
Cargo Rates and Products
The cargo rates applicable to British Airways cargo flights operated by Loganair Ltd in the BA flight range BA4000-4129 are specified below.
The Gael Express rate is an all-inclusive rate and as such includes the Airwaybill fee and VAT. Gael Express is applicable to goods weighing less than 5kgs ex islands. It doesn’t apply ex mainland. Payment must be by cash or cheque only. A separate security levy may apply.
The minimum rate and kilo rate excludes the Airway bill fee of £3.00, any security levy where appropriate, and VAT at 20%.
There is no Airwaybill fee applicable for Orkney Internal freight.
If an invoice is required for Orkney Internal freight, then a minimum charge of £15 plus VAT is applicable i.e. £18.00.
Cargo Offices and Handling Agents
|Aberdeen / Kirkwall||£21.00||< 34kg||£27.00||£0.80|
|Aberdeen / Sumburgh||£21.00||< 30kg||£27.00||£0.90|
|Barra / Glasgow||£21.00||< 38kg||£27.00||£0.71|
|Benbecula / Glasgow||£21.00||< 32kg||£27.00||£0.85|
|Benbecula / Inverness||£21.00||< 32kg||£27.00||£0.85|
|Benbecula / Stornoway||£21.00||< 44kg||£27.00||£0.62|
|Campbeltown / Glasgow||£21.00||< 38kg||£27.00||£0.71|
|Edinburgh / Kirkwall||£21.00||< 18kg||£27.00||£1.50|
|Edinburgh / Stornoway||£21.00||< 32kg||£27.00||£0.85|
|Edinburgh / Sumburgh||£21.00||< 18kg||£27.00||£1.50|
|Edinburgh / Wick||£21.00||< 18kg||£27.00||£1.50|
|Glasgow / Islay||£21.00||< 38kg||£27.00||£0.71|
|Glasgow / Kirkwall||£21.00||< 18kg||£27.00||£1.50|
|Glasgow / Stornoway||£21.00||< 32kg||£27.00||£0.85|
|Glasgow / Sumburgh||£21.00||< 18kg||£27.00||£1.50|
|Glasgow / Tiree||£21.00||< 38kg||£27.00||£0.71|
|Inverness / Kirkwall||£21.00||< 44kg||£27.00||£0.62|
|Inverness / Stornoway||£21.00||< 49kg||£27.00||£0.56|
|Inverness / Sumburgh||£21.00||< 30kg||£27.00||£0.90|
|Kirkwall / Sumburgh||£21.00||< 63kg||£27.00||£0.43|
|Orkney Internal||n/a||< 5kg||£4.50||£0.87|
The minimum rate inclusive of the AWB fee and VAT equates to £36.00. The Orkney Internal minimum rate equates to £4.08 inclusive of VAT. Gael Express net rate is £17.50 plus £3.50 VAT = £21.00.
Carriage of Animals
A £10 charge will apply for the carriage of domestic animals ie dogs and cats.
Please refer to the Baggage paragraph found under the menu option ‘Site Index’ for more details. Loganair no longer offer the carriage of animals as unaccompanied cargo.
Carriage of Dangerous Goods
Loganair holds a CAA approval to carry dangerous goods but only exercises this on the Aberdeen-Sumburgh-Aberdeen route.
Please contact the Loganair Cargo Manager for further information on – 0141 842 7160.
Carriage of Human Remains
Loganair and their service providers can offer a sensitive and efficient service to professional organisations involved in the transportation of human remains. Experienced staff are committed to providing supportive understanding solutions for your particular needs. Unfortunately we are unable to carry full sized adults remains due to the size of the aircraft. Please contact the appropriate cargo office at the airport of departure.
Loganair’s legal liability for the carriage of cargo is governed by the Conditions of Contract-Cargo on the reverse of the shipping documentation, referred to as the Air Waybill. An extract from the Conditions of Contract is detailed below.
Conditions of Carriage
Definitions and General Conditions of Carriage:
If the carriage involves an ultimate destination or stop in a country other than the country of departure, the Warsaw Convention may be applicable and the Convention governs and in most cases limits the liability of carriers in respect of loss or damage to the cargo.
- 1. As used in this contract ‘carrier’ means all carriers that carry or undertake to carry the consignments hereunder or perform any other services incidental to air carriage hereunder; ‘Warsaw Convention’ means the Convention for the Unification of certain rules relating to International Carriage by Air, signed at Warsaw, 12 October 1929, or that Convention as amended at The Hague, 28 September 1955, whichever may be applicable to carriage hereunder.
- 2. Carriage hereunder is subject to the rules relating to liability established by the Convention unless such carriage is not “international carriage” as defined by that Convention.To the extent not in conflict with the foregoing, carriage hereunder and other services performed by the carrier are subject to:
- (i) applicable laws (including national laws implementing the Convention), government regulations, orders and requirements.
- (ii) applicable tariffs, rules, conditions of carriage, regulations and timetables (but not the times of departure and arrival therein) of the Carrier and which may be inspected at any time at its offices and at airports from which it operates regular services.
- 3. The agreed stopping places (which may be altered by Carrier in case of necessity) are those places, except the place of departure and the place of destination, set forth on the face hereof or shown in Carrier’s timetables as scheduled stopping places for the route.
Limitations Of Liability
- 4. Except as otherwise provided in Carrier’s tariffs or conditions of carriage, or by any applicable law, in carriage to which the Convention does not apply Carrier’s liability shall not exceed US$20.00 or the equivalent per kilogramme of any consignment lost, damaged or delayed.In cases of loss, damage or delay of part of the consignment, the weight to be taken into account in determining Carrier’s limit of liability shall be only the actual weight of the package or packages concerned. Claims shall be subject to proof of value.Any exclusion or limitation of liability applicable to Carrier shall apply to and be for the benefit of Carrier’s agents, servants and representatives, and any person whose aircraft is used by Carrier for carriage and its agents, servants and representatives. For the purposes of this provision Carrier acts herein as agent for all such persons.
Carriages and Expenses
- 5. Carrier may substitute alternate carriers or aircraft and may without notice and with due regard to the interests of the shipper, substitute other means of transportation. Carrier is authorised to select the routing or to change or deviate from the routing shown on the face hereof.
- 6. The charge specified on this courier air consignment note does not include any appropriate customs duties or taxes and carrier is authorised (but not obliged) to advance any such duties and taxes in respect of the goods and the shipper and consignee are jointly and severally liable to reimburse the carrier therefore.
- 7. The consignment is deemed to be consigned from the shipper named on this courier air consignment note to the consignee so named at the address as shown overleaf. If the consignee refuses to accept delivery at such address or if carrier is unable to deliver to such address, or such address is incorrectly completed, the consignment shall be dealt with in accordance with carrier’s Conditions of Carriage. The shipper guarantees payment of all charges and advances.
Notice of Claims and Time Limitations on Actions
- 8(i). No actions shall be maintained in the case of damage to goods unless a written notice, sufficiently describing the goods concerned, the appropriate date of the damage and the details of the claim, is presented to an office of carrier within 14 days from the date of receipt thereof, in the case of delay unless presented within 21 days from the date the consignment is placed at the disposal of person entitled to delivery, and in the case of loss (including non-delivery) unless presented within 120 days from the date of issue of the Air consignment note.
- (ii). Any right to damages against the carrier shall be extinguished unless an action is brought within 2 years from the date of arrival at the destination or from the date on which the aircraft ought to have arrived or from the date on which the transportation stopped.
Compliance with Laws and Regulations
- 9. The shipper shall comply with all applicable laws, customs and government regulations of any country to, from, through or over which the consignment may be carried, including those relating to the packaging, carriage or delivery of the consignment, and shall furnish such information and attach such documents to the air consignment note as may be necessary to comply with such laws and regulations. Carrier is not liable to the shipper or any other persons for loss or expenses due to the shipper’s failure to comply with this provision.
- 10. A Carrier issuing a courier air consignment note for carriage over lines of another Carrier does so only as its agent.
- 11. No agent, servant or representative of Carrier has authority to alter, modify or waive any provisions of this contract.
- 12. The Carrier reserves the right to open and inspect any consignment for security screening.