Student Fares – Overview
Loganair understands that when you’re on a student budget, every penny counts. We also know it’s hard to plan around exam schedules, and that you might not know when you’re returning home and would like the option to decide later. Loganair therefore has both one way and return Student fares, giving you greater flexibility over your travel choice.
- The discounted fares are available specifically to students and youths (under 26)
- Student airfares allow some flexibility without change fees or fare upgrades applying
- Student fares offer a 2nd piece of luggage free of charge (so you can bring your dirty washing home!)
- Discounted Student fares are available closer to the day of departure, though we still require some advance notice (search our Student Fare and Flight Finder for availability and rates)
- Student fares are eligible for ADS*1 discount, even though you’re living off island during term time.
The Student fares are also available to Young Scot cardholders.
Student fares are available to Students aged 12-25 inclusive who are enrolled in a full-time/vocational/technical/nurses training course at a college or university in Scotland and are travelling between their home and educational establishment where they are studying
Application for this fare needs to be supported by an official document from the educational establishment or a student union card verifying eligibility, thus the fares can only be booked via our call centre or via select travel agents*2.
To book call 0344 800 2855; the call centre is open Monday through Friday 08:00-19:00, Saturday 08:00-12:00 and Sunday 15:00-18:00.
- *2 Travel Agencies are Scapa Travel Tel 01856 889040
- *2 Travel Counsellors 01595 707 390.
Note, the agency may levy a booking fee.
Note, there are some lower priced advance purchase fares available online, so please compare the online fare to the Student fare before you make your decision, but bear in mind the lower priced fares do not offer the same level of travel flexibility.
One amendment may be made to either your one way or return booking free of charge, subject to the same Student booking class being available on your amended itinerary.
Loganair permits 1 bag at 20kgs for all its Just Fly fares. For Students, 2 bags can be carried with a combined weight of up to 30kgs, subject to availability in the aircraft hold. On occasion, your 2nd bag might not be carried, but will be shipped on the next available flight. You need to collect any short shipped bag from the airport.
Student fares are non refundable.
Student fares must be supported by the appropriate ID, and this will be checked at airport check-in.
Loganair also partner with STA Travel, the Student travel specialist. It’s always worth visiting their site for special deals, though please note STA Travel are not part of the ADS program and can’t offer ADS discount.
*1 ADS is the Scottish Government’s Air Discount Scheme offering a 50% discount on the net airfare. For more information on the scheme or to join, visit airdiscountscheme.com
*2 Travel Agencies are Scapa Travel Tel 01856 889040, and Travel Counsellors 01595 707 390. Note, the agency may levy a booking fee.