Loganair has agreed a codeshare partnership with its sister airline bmi regional, opening-up four destinations via Aberdeen Airport to passengers travelling from Kirkwall, Sumburgh, Norwich or Durham Tees Valley Airport.
Customers can fly via Aberdeen to Bristol, Esbjerg, Norwich or Oslo, using a ‘through ticket’, checking-in hold baggage at the departure airport and collecting it upon arrival.
bmi regional passengers will also be able to access Scotland’s Highlands and Islands from Aberdeen and Edinburgh as well as Glasgow, Inverness and Norwich via Manchester.
Details of Loganair codeshare on each of bmi regionals four routes from Aberdeen:
- Aberdeen – Bristol [daily, except Saturday]
- Aberdeen – Esbjerg [daily, except Thursday and Saturday]
- Aberdeen – Norwich [double daily weekdays, daily on Sunday]
- Aberdeen – Oslo [daily, except Monday and Saturday]
Details of bmi regional codeshare routes:
- Aberdeen – Kirkwall [up to four daily flights]
- Aberdeen – Sumburgh [up to four daily flights]
- Edinburgh – Kirkwall [up to three daily flights]
- Edinburgh – Stornaway [up to two daily flights]
- Edinburgh – Sumburgh [up to three daily flights]
- Edinburgh – Wick [up to two daily flights]
- Manchester – Glasgow [up to six daily flights]
- Manchester – Inverness [up to three daily flights]
- Manchester – Norwich [up to three daily flights]
Kay Ryan, Loganair’s commercial director said: “We’re pleased to reach yet another major code-share agreement, further enhancing the choice of destinations available through the airline’s network. These will significantly increase convenience for passengers of both Loganair and our sister airline, bmi regional – enabling travel between multiple destinations on a single ticket.
“It also adds to our offering from the North East of Scotland, extending routes into Denmark for the first time while opening-up connections to Norway’s capital city and England’s South West.”
Jochen Schnadt, chief commercial officer for bmi regional, commented, “This new partnership with our sister airline, Loganair offers bmi regional customers a much wider network of destinations across Scotland and further afield, fitting perfectly with our ongoing business strategy to develop our partnership networks. With the synergy already afforded to us by being sister brands, both offering seamless connectivity on regional routes, it makes absolute sense to start offering code-share options to our customers.”